Monday, August 5, 2013

The Softly Playing Piano



For being dead you don't have
much time on your hands,
when I need you, you are no
where to be found. Yet you,
promised me you would never


run.


Why you left me first, I don't
understand. Sure you were older
than me, but you were also
healthier and way more


loved.


You were supposed to be there,
an example for all the things
I've yet to do. You wanted to meet
the girl I'm gonna marry someday,
I knew her before you actually


left.


Grandpa, I love you,
dad was so happy today
about the bike you gave him
and I love the firebird, but
then we got the tragic


news.


Don't forget to remember me,
Kaylie and mom too. I promise
you will forever remain loved in our


hearts.



----------------------------------------------------

this is not my experience, but they are my words. my friend's grandfather passed away yesterday, this was my way of putting myself in his shoes and understanding the loss of someone I wanted to meet, but never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment