Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Church Is Covered in Wanted Posters Again



Today somewhere a young child sat on their knees to pray one final time before giving up all faith,

"Maybe God just ran away like you, Mamma. Maybe God found a nicer place to stay, Mamma. Maybe God felt bad for taking you away, and hid himself, Mamma. I love you Mamma. I love you Papa. I love you God and Jesus Christ. But until I meet an angel as beautiful and pure as you, Mamma, I cannot allow myself to believe in the same God you always believed in. I know you are listening to me, Mamma. I know you hear me, God. So bring me back my faith, or accept that I have moved on. I cannot believe in miracles or angels, or heaven, or any of this. God, you sent an angel out, brutally took her wings away, then pushed her off a cloud and expected her to fly away. For that she died. And for that, I cannot continue to respect you therefore I can no longer believe. Mamma, I promise I will find you again someday. Dear God, I promise there will be hell to pay."

With that the child stood, brushed the dirt off their skin, and walked away from the pews, never to pray to their so called "God" again.

And it's so sad this is what our world has become. Full of faithless believers and heartless dreamers. All waiting for their chance to see this place in a kinder light; even though so many can claim it is more cruel than history's darkest midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment