Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Words I Forgot to Write




I haven't seen you in forever, how have you been?

That's what they say when they pass you on the street or see you in line at the coffee shop down town when they want you to think that you are still a friend, even though you're not. They make you feel like you haven't been forgotten, like you matter to someone, even if they don't always show it. But really they only that, they only want you to feel that way so they don;t seem so lonely in front of actual strangers. And so they aren't as bored as they feel. The only problem is you believe them, that you matter, that you havent been forgotten, when you have. You didn't matter at all and you never will.

And that hurts. so when your letter said "Alice, you're not forgotten" I think you should know that those words killed me. Those words haunt my dreams and chase away my memories. Even the shadows think me foolish to believe you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment