Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Empty Hearts

I just wanted to tell you the bookstore cat says hi. The bookstore owner said youre more than welcome back any time you want. The park bench where we sat first has little kids picknicking autumn treats. And the red one we sat the second time had ducks waving, begging for bread crumbs. I know there isnt a memory here but the tree where we sat the second day asked me to climb it and hang upside down. When i did it told me all the reasons we know you love me. And love those days. The ice cream parlor though, is frozen. Youre still in the isle seat of the second large glistening table from the back. Ash is across and im beside you laughing as i turned strawberry (the classic signature strawberry smile just for you.) My heart doesnt ache when i see you there. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment