Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Voices Remained



I know I haven't lost you. I know we are bound to meet again. I know there has to be at least one more kiss.  But I went to the old bookstore on oak yesterday, I sat where we sat that Monday afternoon hiding from the crisp windy day outside. The cat came up to me and sat in my lap, he said he was sorry for clawing and biting your hand. I told him I knew you'd accept his appology, and he was happy about that until I started crying. He looked up at me with his beautiful, mesmerizing, story book eyes and asked me to follow him. We walked out the store's front door and to the parking spot that held your white mustang, we heard you whisper, "she's here!" He jumped into my arms and smiled, "that's when he realized he was in love." I stood there in awe before he led me into the shop again and to the movie rack where you said the first word, it lingered there, "Madison?" And then back to the chairs with red and gold paisley on them, he sat where you did and told me everything would be okay... until he noticed the tears had yet to fade. So, he made me sit in silence petting him like we did the day all three of us met... I heard all the things we said that day. At some point or another, I saw myself drying the crystal drops and Poe said, "look if you stand up you will feel him hug you again and feel the kiss as you said I love you to him. I know for a fact he loves you. I know he's going to take care of you, stop crying"

At that point I ran out of the bookstore, that ebony cat following me. He says that the three of us were new to each other that Monday and that someday we will all be there again but something else thats important will happen there. He thinks he knows what will happen. He knows that you and I have a massive potential of being soulmates... I guess my question now is, do you agree? 

1 comment: