Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Leaves Have To Fall



"Hey, you've reached me but I can't get to the phone right now," the speaker echoed as you sat behind the wheel.
"Hello, Princess, it's me, I just wanted you to know that I'm coming home. I'll be there late, but I'm on my way. I'll see you soon. Okay, well this is, uh, me, and I miss you baby." you smiled falsely.
Well, I've been waiting for you, I know how much pain you were in. They found this in your hand after you died, it was written on an old crumpled napkin:

I only wish I could have told you I won't make it home. I wish I could have told you that I screwed up. I wish I had told you in person. I love you with all I have. But I have a secret, I've been married since before I met you... We haven't been happy in a long time though. We don't share a bed. We haven't had sex since the day it was said and done. We don't even talk. It won't mean much to you, but I still love you, that hasn't changed and it never will. I'm sorry I kept it from you. I know this hurts you, I know I'm probably killing you right now as you're reading this, I'm sorry. I couldn't tell you in person, I couldn't simply break up with you either, because I knew you'd be pissed and I couldn't live with myself knowing I caused that. And princess, I'm so sorry. I know you'll never forgive me, but I guess that's kinda why I did this part. It was so you'd be happy. Princess, I messed up  I fucked up. I'm sorry. I love you... 

My baby butterfly, forever. 

With love,
Steven... 


But right now, I just want to let you know, I saw an indent on your finger... where a ring had to have been once before. I simply chose to ignore it. We all have a past we'd rather not tell. And I saw a story in your eyes, I just didn't know how to read it. I'm sorry I believed you. I'm sorry I let you love me. I'm so sorry though, more sorry than I've ever been before, I'm sorry I was able to keep your attention...


P.s.I would never really kill YOU off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment