Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Insecurity



You...

You are such a good actor,
I never would have guessed
that you of all people didn't
realize you were so blessed.

I didn't see how scared you are,
how weak they made you feel.
Love, I never thought of you
as someone waiting to heal.

I gave you everything I had
taught you all that I know.
Tore my heart apart for you
and you still think I'm gonna go?

You...

You seem so strong and kind
with a soul so magnificent and pure.
Like nothing can touch you
but you're broken for sure.

I am a journal... people write
their secrets in blood on me.
They become my secrets and thoughts,
hoping this will set them free.

They are so much to bare though
every day they eat me away.
Babe, I love you, your worries are safe
but they'll kill me anyway.

You...

You had so much potential
to be so much more than this.
Believe me, you still do too,
just wait Life has some bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment