Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Phrase "I Love You"



Just in case you were wondering I heard you screaming when I fell, I saw you bleed when I got scratched up, and I know you wanted to give me your joy when I was broken by sorrow. But I need you to know that I took that fall, so you would only scream, bleed, and smile when the world tried to bring you down. I tool that fall only so you wouldn't have to later on. Because I am all out of midnight phone calls saying all those things we both wish I had said. I'm all out of words to whisper just behind your ear when we drift effortlessly off to sleep. And I am sorry to say this, but I've even run out of your favorite, those lovely rants that could go on and on about how important you are to me, who I am when we are together, and all those moods we had when I couldn't clearly tell which parts of us were you and which were me. And just in case you didn't know this yet, I only walked away because I knew that you could no longer freely stay. I hope that you remember that when you go back to your dream state of mind and hear me all those times when I promised, I swore, Forever and Always, and all those moments we were so wrapped up in each other that I promised I would not be the one to leave you. I did it because that's what made you happier than I ever knew how to.


Please don't forget to remember me and all the things we did for each other because that's exactly what it means to be in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment