Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Love



Today I was walking with my friend, he's tall, dark, and handsome. Well he and I went strolling and as we were strolling we decided to talk of love. I asked him what love is to him and his answer was quite alarming, "Love is Kilvan, the most beautiful girl in the world. Love is Kilvan, the girl who's been so much yet still manages to smile for me. But most importantly, Love is the way everything works out when I am with her." It's not that his answer was alarming in a negative light, its that I've never heard him speak so fondly of anyone. So I asked another thing, if she is love, then does she know she is loved? He stood still and stared up at the sky, " I have not told her, but I know she knows. She has read it in my eyes, and she can feel it in her soul. Besides, I can't tell her just yet..." Again I asked, why, and he smiled, "We are young. We are in love. She is mine. I am hers. I don't want to ruin that, because I need her to stay with me." Before I could ask anything more, before I could say another word, we reached my front door just as the first drop of rain fell. As we hugged goodbye I began to cry. Where is my love? Where is the one who'll talk about me? When will I be love to someone of my own? And then I realized if I keep asking questions,  there will never be fun in waiting for the answers.

1 comment: